The 5th European Marine Science Educators Association (EMSEA) Conference will be held from 7 to 10 October 2017 at the University of Malta in Valletta, Malta.
The conference will address the following themes:
- Promoting a further penetration of Ocean Literacy in school curricula : challenges and opportunities ;
- The digital age of Ocean Literacy ;
- Oceans and human health ;
- Future scenarios and roles for Ocean Literacy ;
- As well as any other topic whch does not fir into any of these topics (Open session)
The goals of EMSEA are:
- Stimulate dialogue between European and international marine educators and scientists;
- Provide training and teaching material to support marine educators;
- Raise educators’ awareness of ocean issues and the need for a sustainable future for our coasts, seas and oceans.
The MARINA partnership will be represented by Nausicaa and World Ocean Network. They will make a flash presentation on Monday 9th October 2017 between 5pm and 6pm and display a poster “MARINA digital platform for sharing marine knowledge” for the entire duration of the conference.
For more information, visit the conference website http://www.um.edu.mt/events/emsea2017/about