Marine Responsible Research and Innovation in Science, Innovation and Society
RRI-SIS MARINA 2018
Science Centre AHHAA in Tartu, Estonia, 17 September 2018
The second annual conference of the MARINA project aims at presenting cases studies highlighting examples where the implementation of RRI dimensions, principles and topics, made a difference in the impact of the research and innovation in the context of the H2020 societal challenges. It will be hosted in the frame of Multi-conference RRI – SIS 2018.
Specific themes of interest to RRI-SIS MARINA 2018 include but are not limited to:
• Tourism and coastal cities
• Pollution caused by human and sea pressures
• Fisheries and aquaculture
• Renewable energy (wave, wind, tidal)
• Marine changes caused by climate
• Marine Biotech
• Sea Transportation
• Deep Sea Mining
The submitted papers are encouraged to discuss the specific theme(s) of marine challenges in the perspective of: Governance, Public engagement and Inclusion in the RRI process; Science education and communication in RRI actions; Gender and Ethical issues in RRI initiatives; Sustainability of RRI processes.
- July 10, 2018: Deadline for abstract submission
- July 30, 2018: Deadline for paper submission
- August 10, 2018: Notification of acceptance
- August 31, 2018: Submission deadline for the final version of the papers
- September 2, 2018: deadline for conference registration
- September 17, 2018: RRI-SIS MARINA Conference
Find all details on the #MARINARRI2018 Conference and Call for Papers on the 2018 MARINA Conference website.