Related upcoming events
MARINA Annual Conference 2018 "Marine Responsible Research and Innovation in Science, Innovation and Society"2018-09-17 All day
Marine Responsible Research and Innovation in Science, Innovation and Society
RRI-SIS MARINA 2018
Science Centre AHHAA in Tartu, Estonia, 17-19 September 2018
The second annual conference of the MARINA project aims at presenting cases studies highlighting examples where the implementation of RRI dimensions, principles and topics, made a difference in the impact of the research and innovation in the context of the H2020 societal challenges.
Specific themes of interest to RRI-SIS MARINA 2018 include but are not limited to:
• Tourism and coastal cities
• Pollution caused by human and sea pressures
• Fisheries and aquaculture
• Renewable energy (wave, wind, tidal)
• Marine changes caused by climate
• Marine Biotech
• Sea Transportation
• Deep Sea Mining
The submitted papers are encouraged to discuss the specific theme(s) of marine challenges in the perspective of: Governance, Public engagement and Inclusion in the RRI process; Science education and communication in RRI actions; Gender and Ethical issues in RRI initiatives; Sustainability of RRI processes.
- July 10, 2018: Deadline for abstract submission
- July 20, 2018: Deadline for paper submission
- August 10, 2018: Notification of acceptance
- August 31, 2018: Submission deadline for the final version of the papers
- September 2, 2018: deadline for conference registration
- September 17, 2018: RRI-SIS MARINA Conference
Find all details on the #MARINARRI2018 Conference and Call for Papers on the 2018 MARINA Conference website.